Thursday, June 23, 2011

5 minute raw recipe & doing what you gotta do!


Greetings,

I want to share the yummiest snack I have ever made. It only took 5 minutes to whip together and both my husband and I enjoyed it in about the same time. It was THAT good. But don’t take my word for it, take 5 minutes and see for yourself.

You need:

2 perfect avocados

1 large cucumber

½ Tbs. sea salt

1 Tbs. coconut oil

A dash of Braggs Organic Sprinkles

Cube avocado and cucumber and season, add to nori sheets and chow down!

Another thing I wanted to share is a big lesson I just learned. I went to go visit my folks in Cleveland, Ohio for two weeks not too long ago. I stayed with my mom (she's the best). When I go to the states it is always a special treat to go to Whole Foods and indulge in all of the vegan specialty items they have, like coconut ice cream and cookies and things like that, which I did a little bit of, I'll admit. But I am a woman on a mission to eat a diet that is truly "whole foods" and unprocessed. So even though all I had was my moms bullet style blender I was juicing and blending up great smoothies. I had to get over the excuses, not having enough time, the wrong equipment or other things I would have rather eaten.

And making this juice didn't take that much longer than the avocado salad :-)


Love and blessings,

Herbal