Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's all so new!

Greetings!

Herbal Eranah here,

I am so excited to share all of the knowledege that I have collected for the last 12-13 years in my own journey through vegetarian and vegan living. (note: I won't use the word diet unless in a quotaion, we aren't in the business of dieing here!) Weekly, perhaps bi-weekly I will be posting info, recipes, photos, interviews, videos and other goodies that we can use as we explore the world of healthy living. This blog is not just for vegans, it is for anyone who wants to learn more about preparing delicious meals using whole and complete foods, herbs and healthy living. This blog is also not only about foods but about a way of life that is sustainable, attainable, vibrant and healing!

Mission Statement
Whole foods Vegan 101 is a resource center for those who wish to reach high levels of health and wellbeing through simple and natural living. We offer recipes, tips and solutions for a healthy vegan lifestyle. The basis of WFV101 is whole, fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes and grains with an emphasis on raw and living foods.

Why raw and living foods?
These are plant based foods that have not been cooked or otherwise processed..."how nature intended!"

Why whole foods?
Eating foods in their whole and complete state allows us to utilize the best nutrition for healing and maintaining health. Eating meals that include a variety of whole foods enables us to stear clear of artificial preservatives, flavorings, other non-foods as well as animal products that can be damaging to the body.

Why care?

Recently more and more people are being diagnosed with chronic diseases that can be either prevented, improved or cured by positive lifestyle changes, eating fruits and vegetables and stearing clear of junk. We deserve to give our bodies af ighting chance at life and take care of the "temples" that house our essence! ; P

This blog and the information within it is intended for educational use only. I do not diagnose or treat illnesses. I am offering this information so you, the reader, can make educated decisions about your own health.

My Story


At 15 I decided I didn't want to eat meat. It was a simple way for me to make a difference in the world albeit a small one! The decision felt very natural to me. My first attempts at cooking were pretty interesting (meaning lots of lentils!) At that time my eating habits were not healthy at all. I drank a lot of soda and coffee, no water. I ate plenty of sugary foods, processed cheeses and other junk. I think I survived my first year of college on all foods that included chocolate chips as the main ingredient. I was constantly sick with the flu or colds plus seasonal allergies were starting to develop. Meanwhile, I knew that a healthy vegan meal plan was my ultimate goal, but it seemed like such a daunting commitment. How can I give up chesse and chocolate? Then I started working at a vegan restaurant, which gave me the experience and expertise of a vegan gourmet!In the last seven years being vegan, I have learned and healed so much. I am doing well and I rarely get colds, flu and my spring time itchies are virtually non-existant. My skin is clear and glowy and best of all I am happy! Thats my story what's yours?

5 comments:

  1. Wow,
    I'm impressed, what a wonderful idea and what a wonderful way to share. You have been an example to me. And although I am a very sloooow learner your journey has made me so much more aware of what I eat and how much of a choice it really is.
    Keep learning and growing.
    Your peace shows in your beautiful eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah Khai!!!!

    I am so proud of you , and I miss you too. I want you to go to a site called iseecolor.com,join the vegan group, and tell them abut your blog, there are a group of people there that can really use your assistance. Love you yirusha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah Khai!!!

    I am so proud of you , I miss you too!!!. I want you to go to a website called iseecolor.com, look for groups and under groups , sign up for the vegans group and share your blog information. There are a lot of people there that can use your help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, thank you so much for your loving and encouraging words!! Just take baby steps and you will surely reach your goals!

    Yirusha, Thank you very much and I will look into that site! Thanks for the tip!

    With Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Herbal Eranah,
    It's so wonderful to know you have been sowing seeds in our fertile ground, and now comes the true harvest ... picking the fruit! I know you'll be successful. Much love, much peace!
    Lybia

    ReplyDelete